Oh hi there! It’s been a busy week. What have I been up to? Well, last weekend I went to DC to visit a good friend who’s moving back to North Carolina soon!
We had a pretty laid back weekend, so I didn’t take many pictures. Here are a few from the Air and Space museum:
an impressive collection of rockets
old school planes
The original Wright Bros. flyer
oh yeah, that’s me and the Wright Brother’s mandolin.
After that, we checked out the new MLK memorial… it was pretty awesome.
Then we ate some delicious soup and prepared for the weekend’s main event: the UNC vs. Duke Men’s basketball game.
(Sidenote: I went to UNC for grad school, where I met a lot of diehard, born and bred Carolina fans. I love them, they are some of my dearest friends. Their enthusiasm, coupled with an awesome team and a growing love of college basketball, have made ME a lifelong Carolina fan. The end.)
I won’t say much about that, since I have some unfortunate friends who have cast their lot with the Dookies (I kid… sort of). But I will say… the game was awesome. So awesome we may have watched a total replay of it over breakfast before we left DC. Woo!
Work has been surprisingly busy this week, which is good since it is getting me to this weekend that much faster. What’s going on this weekend? Oh, just a little trip to the mountains… to this amazing cabin!
David and I are belatedly celebrating our second anniversary and we are both so excited to get away. When I asked David what he was most excited about, his first response was, “Not picking up turds for two whole days.” How romantic.
I am mostly excited about taking this yarn and tucking into my new sweater project. Funny, I was also knitting a sweater last year on our anniversary trip… maybe it’s going to be a tradition? I’ve decided to leave all my commission work and any thoughts of knitting for others at home and spend this weekend knitting for myself. I’m so looking forward to it.
In other news:
- I’m taking Fat Mum Slim‘s #Marchphotoaday challenge… I’ll be posting photos on the Brownbetty Style Facebook page, so follow me there to check them out.
- If the assault on women’s reproductive rights is scaring you (and I personally think it should be), then I high recommend you read this short story about a not-so-distant future when abortion and chemical birth control are illegal.
- My Girl Thursday is giving away a tattoo! Drawing is open til Saturday, March 10 if anyone wants to submit. I did :)
- In lieu of “that’s pinteresting,” a few things I’ve been pinning lately: felt beads, red lips, short pixies, pitbull pups, and stardust rings.
- Is marriage an economic privilege? It’s starting to feel like it…
Hope you have an excellent weekend!! What are your plans?