I’m not generally one for New Year’s resolutions. I don’t believe in dieting and I’m not particularly athletic, so 95% of typical NYE resolutions are not that interesting to me. But right now, I’m motivated so I want to put it out there: I want to do things in 2012. Here are a few of them…
- Take the Indie:Compass e-course and figure out where I want to take Brownbetty Style
- Complete all the projects from the Modern Patchwork and DIY Dress Up e-courses. Maybe take an in-person basic sewing course
- Learn Photoshop. Mostly so this blog doesn’t look amateur and I don’t have to constantly bother David to make that happen.
- Finish my first quilt.
- Finish my super secret quilt.
- Knit something with sleeves – starting with this.
- Crochet… something.
- Participate in another craft show… a real craft show this time. (Halfway there! I signed up for one in May!)
Those are all pretty straightforward – set task, find time, accomplish. It’s the Personal stuff that’s nebulous and vague, so these are my intentions, rather than goals.
- Be kind to myself about the “happy changes” my body has made over the last year. Being happy and comfortable in my body as it is is important to me and I wouldn’t trade all the wonderful things from the last year (moving in with my boyfriend, learning to use my Kitchenaid mixer, watching 6 seasons of Dr. Who on the couch while knitting, etc.) for all the smaller pants in the world.
- Judge Less, Lest Ye Be Judged. I won’t lie, I’m a judgy person and I don’t expect that to change overnight. But it really only makes me feel bad about myself.
- Remind myself: I’m Fat and it’s Okay. I’m tall and I don’t see a need to change that.
- Find a Pair of Decent Fitting Jeans: I currently have 3 pairs of jeans and each of them annoys me in a different way. Since jeans + tank/long sleeve t-shirt is my go-to casual uniform, it’s worth it to find and invest in one good pair of jeans. Now I just have to find them… and chuck the others.